THE BOSLEY’S DOGS, TRAILS & COFFEE CHALLENGE – FRASER VALLEY WEST – SPRING 2023
✅ WHO: This Challenge is open to dog (and coffee or chocolate) lovers within driving distance of the western Fraser Valley, BC, Canada who want to have fun local adventures outdoors with their dog.
✅ WHAT: It’s a dog-friendly walking or running and outdoor adventures Challenge.
✅ WHERE: On 10 local trails and 10 routes in the western Fraser Valley (Langley, Surrey, Abbotsford, Maple Ridge area)
✅ WHY: For exploration, fun, fitness, prizes, and supporting local non profits. 10% of your registration fee will be donated back to support local parks and trails.
✅ CHOCOLATE OR COFFEE?: You might say you’re going out hiking with a friend, but we know what’s really going on. We “had you at chocolate” and you want an excuse to try the best chocolate shops and cafés we recommend near each trail. 😉
✅ WHEN: 10 weeks from March 18, 2023 to May 28, 2023.
- Early Bird Registration: $26.24 (Get 25% off by registering between Feb 8 and Feb 15, 2023)
- Regular Registration: $34.99 (Register between Feb 16 to April 1, 2023)
✅ BONUS: Every paid registrant gets 10% of their registration donated back to local trails and a chance to win free coffee or chocolate.
✅ WORKPLACE / CORPORATE CHALLENGE: FREE REGISTRATION: Get a total of 3 or more people from your workplace or group of friends to register for the Challenge and we’ll give you one free registration. Contact us and send us the names of your 3 or more registered participants today and we’ll refund one of your registrations.
✅ NO DOG? No problem. We’ve got you covered. Check out our no-dog-required “Trails and Coffee” 10 Trail Challenge events.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Register for the Challenge
Register online and then make it even more fun by inviting a friend to sign-up and complete the Challenge with you.
Walk or run the activities
Do the activities any time: after work, on the weekends, with friends or family.
Complete activities & get rewards
Get Completion Badges as you complete each activity. Share photos on social to win prizes.
WHY TAKE THE CHALLENGE?
The Dogs and Trails Challenge will motivate you to get active with your dog, explore new trails, and drink great coffee with friends. You’ll enjoy a wonderful sense of accomplishment, enter to win prizes & coffee, and show off completion badges online. You’ll also be supporting local businesses and non-profits. What could be better?
If you’re looking for something you can do with friends (both furry and otherwise), want to explore local walking and hiking trails, and get fit while you’re at it, this Challenge is for you.
- You’ll get to explore new trails with your dog
- You’ll get to explore new trails
- You’ll discover new coffee shops
- 10% of your registration goes back into local trails
- You could win free coffee and prizes
- You’ll have a great sense of accomplishment
- You’ll get to brag by posting completion badges online
- It’s fun to invite and share with friends and fido
- It’ll get you off the couch
- Forest bathing is good for you
- Uh, yum. Coffee!
The Western Fraser Valley Dogs, Trails and Coffee Challenge has 5 easy “Chill” trails and 5 moderate “Thrill” trails. The Challenge includes all on-leash trails, fun dog-focused tasks for you to complete with your dog, great nearby coffee shops, and off-leash dog parks.
The Chill trails are mostly flat, short-ish, and some might say easy. Tackle these before you try the Thrill trails if you don’t get out walking or hiking much. These are perfect family outings or walk-with-a-friend destinations. Our guess is there’s at least two if not more trails on this Chill list that you’ve never even heard of. Play tourist in your own backyard and take the challenge to do them all. Note: Challenge trails are subject change due to permitting or weather conditions.
- Tavistock Trail (Brae Island, Fort Langley)
- Kanaka Creek (Maple Ridge)
- Pacific Trail Loop (Surrey Bend)
- Matsqui trail (Abbotsford)
- Serpentine Sunny (Tynehead, Surrey)
- Pepin Brook and Rock’N Horse (Aldergrove)
- Olund trail (Abbotsford)
- Houston Trail (Langley)
- Pitt River Regional Greenway (Pitt Meadows)
- Shaggy Mane Trail (Langley)
TOP 10 LOCAL COFFEE AND CHOCOLATE SHOPS
We’ve recommended nearby coffee and chocolate shops for each trail in this Challenge. Register and you’ll get full access to all of the details.
TIPS FOR COUCH SURFERS
If you’re fresh off a long season of couch-surfing:
- Bring a friend to help get you up and going.
- Walk the trails. Stop, sit, and nap along the way.
- Bring snacks and drinks.
- Make short videos of yourself doing the hike. Watch the videos back at home on the couch to motivate you to get out and do the next one on the list.
- Just do the first 30, 60, or how many minutes you can muster of the more challenging “Thrill” trails. We’ll give you credit for trying 🙂
- Share your photos, completion badges, and trophies on social media. Get famous.
SUPPORTING SMALL BUSINESS
We love supporting local small businesses (we’re one too). We’re happy to have custom event shirts and hoodies printed here in British Columbia. Add some of our awesome 10 Trail Challenge gear to your registration today.
GIVING BACK: SUPPORTING LOCAL TRAILS
Recent 10 Trail Challenges have raised over $3500 in donations. Thanks to your participation in the 10 Trail Challenge we’ll be able to continue supporting local nonprofits. 10% of your registration fee will be donated to support local trails via the Chilliwack Park Society.
“This is such a cool challenge. I am so happy you guys are doing this. Thank you!”
– Jamie I.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Such a great idea! It was awesome to find new areas to enjoy and get outdoors. Can’t wait for the next challenge!”
– Lisa B.
“Great trails. Will be doing the challenge again!”
– Tamara W.
“A fantastic way to learn about the trails in the area. Well organized and worth it to participate with the family and friends! Loved the summer challenge and have registered for the fall challenge already too.”
– Anita K.
“The Ten Trail Challenge was fun and motivating! The instructions were easy to follow. I loved getting to know some new trails.”
– Kelly P.
“I had a good time checking out new trails and areas to run.”
– Jordan O.
MEET YOUR GUIDE
Hi! I’m Amanda, your virtual guide for this Challenge. And that’s my girl, Adi, who I’m excited to be able to include on all the Activities in the 10 Trail Challenge: Dogs & Coffee. Our goal here at Chill and Thrill is to get you, your dog, your friends and your family outside, active and playing tourist in your own backyard. With thousands of participant adventures scheduled to date, I welcome you to join me in this fun Challenge. Got questions? Drop me a note.