- OVERVIEW: This steep, beautiful, mossy forest loop trail travels past creeks and through stands of old-growth trees
- ACTIVITY: Scavenger hunt
- DISTANCE: 2km
- TIME: 60-90 minutes
- ELEVATION GAIN: 143 meters
- FITNESS: Some of these trails are very steep so you’ll need to be able to manage rooty, rocky climbs.
- LOCATION: Lexw Qwo:m Park is located at 51930 Hack Brown Road. See Google Map. Note: There are two “Community Forest Trail” areas. This is not the main “upper” area that most people go to, this is the lesser-used but equally awesome lower section called Lexw Qwo:m Park located right by Charis camp.
- AMENITIES: Covered picnic tables (6), one outhouse, and a cool little Cedar & Moss coffee shop across from the parking lot at Charis Camp.
How does it work?
Register and sign in
Register online at Chill and Thrill, or sign in to your account on your phone if you’re already registered.
Pick a Scavenger Hunt
Travel to the Scavenger Hunt location. Using your phone, click the “start” button, sign the waiver, then begin the hunt.
Your phone is your guide
Instructions on your phone guide you through the Scavenger Hunt.
- Each question in a scavenger hunt is worth points and each question has a time limit. The more questions you get right the higher your score. If you run out of time you get zero points on that question.
- Always bring appropriate gear, tell someone where you’re going and when you’ll be back.
- Participants must be at least 19 years old and must read and sign the waiver before taking part in the experience.