Guidelines for using Chilliwack’s trails
- Be prepared. Expect unexpected weather and wildlife.
- Use caution and always tell others where you’re headed before you go out hiking and what time you’ll return.
- Know your limits. Choose a trail that matched your hiking ability or the ability of the weakest member of your group.
- Some Chilliwack trails are restricted to hiking only.
- Some of Chilliwack’s trails are multi-use meaning they’re open to horses, cyclists, hikers and trail runners.
- Always stay on the trails. Don’t cut switchbacks as this destroys trailside vegetation and damages trails
- Creating new trails in Chilliwack’s forests, without permission, is not allowed
- Be courteous and respectful of other trail users