This 2021 challenge is now complete.
View our new and upcoming Challenges
THE SUMMER 2021 TRAIL CHALLENGE:
Complete the Chill and Thrill Trail Challenge by walking, hiking or running ten trails in Chilliwack BC.
- WHAT: A walking, hiking or running trail-completion challenge
- WHERE: On 10 trails in Chilliwack BC.
- WHEN: Between June 19 2021 and August 13 2021
- COST: $25 ($5 from every registration will go directly back into Chilliwack trails via the Chilliwack Park Society)
This event is now over. Please click here for other challenges running now or in the near future
How does it work?
Register for the challenge
Register online. Challenge a friend to sign up and complete the challenge with you.
Walk, hike or jog the trails
Do the trails any time: after work, on the weekends, with friends or family. Complete all 10 trails by August 13th.
Complete trails and get rewards
Get online medals and bragging rights as you complete each trail.
Why take the challenge?
If you’re looking for something you can do with friends, want to explore Chilliwack’s walking and hiking trails, and get fit while you’re at it, this challenge is for you.
- You’ll get to explore new trails in Chilliwack
- You could win prizes
- You’ll be supporting a local non-profit organization, the Chilliwack Parks Society
- You’ll have a great sense of accomplishment
- You’ll get to brag by posting completion badges online
- It’s fun to share with friends
- You’ll get to see how you rank for each trail in online leaderboards
- It’ll get you off the couch and away from your screens
- Forest bathing is good for you
Registration is now open. Last day to register is July 31st.
What’s the inside scoop?
This challenge is made up of five “Chill” trails (shorter and easier) and five “Thrill” trails (longer and harder).
5 CHILL TRAILS
The 5 Chill trails are mostly flat, short-ish, and some might say easy. Tackle these before you try the Thrill trails if you don’t get out walking or hiking much. These are perfect family outings or walk-with-a-friend or first date destinations. Our guess is there’s at least two if not more trails on this Chill list that you’ve never even heard of. Play tourist in your own backyard and take the challenge to do them all 🙂
5 THRILL TRAILS
The 5 Thrill trails are not for the faint of heart. These trails require reasonable fitness and a willingness to do a good amount of uphill climbing on forest trails. You’re going to sweat, get a little dirty, and have the time of your life checking these ones off solo or with friends. These aren’t the hardest trails in Chilliwack. Instead, these are City of Chilliwack trails that are challenging but doable by most anyone of average fitness.
Calling all Couch Surfers and Superheroes
TIPS FOR COUCH SURFERS
If you’re fresh off a long season of couch-surfing:
- Bring a friend to help get you up and going (Covid-bubble-approved friends would be smart).
- Walk the trails. Stop, sit, and nap along the way.
- Bring snacks and drinks.
- Make short videos of yourself doing the hike. Watch the videos back at home on the couch to motivate you to get out and do the next one on the list.
- Share your photos, completion badges, and trophies on social media. Get famous.
TIPS FOR SUPERHEROES
If you’re a superhero in the making, consider these challenges as a way to make the Ten Trail Challenge a little spicier for you:
- Superhero Chill Challenge: Do all of the Chill trails in one day (10km).
- Superhero Thrill Challenge: Do all of the Thrill trails in one day (30 km with 1100 meters climbing – that’s nothing for you, right?)